Anatomy of a health conundrum: The racial gap in vaccinations - The Washington Post

A 16-year-old came in to get STD testing, and she said, "I don't want anyone sticking any needles in me. Hospitals give you covid that way." Her uncle told her that the hospitals were the ones injecting covid into patients. The same uncle said covid was fake and manufactured by the hospitals and that for a vaccine to work, they have to make one individual vaccine for each person. Crazy stuff.

I kindly explained to her how viruses work, and I explained to her how vaccines work. By the end of it, she was like, "Okay," so I hope that I made some headway with her. I stayed in that room for way too long for someone who came in to be checked for STDs, but she didn't really understand. She was very scared.

Nwakanma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lokelma: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Cost, and More - Healthline